Daniel specialises in Piano, Singing, Guitar, Theory, Harmony, Composition and Musicianship lessons, for students of all ages, 4-80. The majority of his students are aged between 7 and 14.
Between 4pm and 8pm on Mondays to Fridays, Daniel focuses on visiting children after school – please contact for latest availability.
As well as guiding thru the ABRSM grades and introducing students to all the elements of music reading, performance and listening, Daniel has helped students gain entry and music scholarships to Sylvia Young, St Marylebone’s, Haberdasher’s and Stagecoach. During his tenure as Musical Director of Caffe Concerto, Daniel worked with X-Factor, BGT and The Voice to scout, promote, accompany and direct new talent.
Daniel can help with
– first steps in learning piano via reading music or learning chords to favourite songs
– basic to advanced singing techniques for pop, soul, opera, jazz, musical theatre
– audition tips for aspiring singers
– learning pure piano instrumental versions of songs
– learning basic classical or jazz music theory
– training for grades 1-8 classical and grades 1-5 jazz piano
– advanced performance techniques for singing with piano or guitar
– advanced performance tips for singing with backing tracks and how to source or create backing tracks
– basic equipment advice, whether for live performance or home studio.
Alongside inspiring singing and playing a musical instrument, Daniel has co-written songs with mature students – 2 students in particular who started with Daniel when they were kids and then taken an interest in singing and writing
Collaboration / Co-write of “What About Us” – words and music by Daniel Benisty and Leah Lekerman (past singing student), arrangement/production by Jordan Brown
Here is an original song about all the different scales: “Alternative Key Worker” by Daniel Benisty
Daniel has been a piano, guitar, singing, theory and musicianship teacher to adults and children since 2008. Assisting beginners and advanced with everything from basic sight-reading, exam preparation, audition preparation, GCSE/A-Level Music preparation, jazz theory, arrangement, songwriting and production, Daniel takes great pleasure in seeing improvements in children and adults alike.
Daniel has helped students achieve qualification at the following exam levels
ABRSM Piano Grades 1-8 / ABRSM Guitar Grades 1-5 / ABRSM Voice Grades 1-8 / ABRSM Theory Grades 1-8 / ABRSM Jazz Piano Grades 1-5
Trinity Guitar Grades 1-5 / Trinity Piano Grades 1-5
Daniel’s most enduring classical and jazz piano influences include: Chopin, Bach, Mozart, Rachmaninov, Scriabin, Grieg, Schumann, Schubert, Beethoven, Art Tatum, George Gershwin, Oscar Peterson, Keith Jarrett, Herbie Hancock, Bill Evans, Duke Ellington, Thelonious Monk.
Daniel’s favourite Composer is of course Frederic Chopin
As a singer and singing teacher, Daniel has made great attempts to understand and replicate different singing styles